As per a report published in 2017, by Business Wire, a renowned online platform for publishing news and press releases; “the market for global on-demand home services is expected to grow at CAGR by approximately 49% from 2017 to 2021”. And today, we will discuss at length how on-demand home services are taking the world by storm.
On-demand solutions have come up as a blessing for modern individuals with busy and hectic lifestyles. Also, the Millennial and Gen-Z generations who are technology-driven, expect all tasks to be executed at the push of a button from anywhere at any time.
Today, consumers expect Home Services like laundry services, home renovation, plumbing, electrical/electronic repair, carpentry, pest control, beauty services, or fitness trainers at home, to reach instantly at their doorsteps. Therefore, an on-demand home services app is a perfect solution for them.
Apps catering to on-demand home services solutions are gaining popularity as they establish a direct connection between the consumers and sellers/service providers. Moreover, the customers enjoy the flexibility of choosing from a plethora of budget-friendly service providers.
The on-demand business model and related apps have equally benefitted several business owners. Multiple giants in the corporate world have invested in this domain. Many start-ups are also looking forward to beginning a new business journey with on-demand app development. To name a few projects, Handy, Zaarly, Hello Alfred, AskforTask, UrbanClap, Zimmber, etc. are the ones who have gained high popularity in the last few years. This industry is undoubtedly going to be the next big trend in the business world.
Why should you invest in the on-demand home services industry?
Whether you are a start-up, small/medium-sized company, or a large enterprise, investing in On-Demand Home Services can boost your ROI exponentially. Let’s see how.
Technically inclined customers
Customer expectations have changed. In this era of the internet and smartphones, a large number of customers are inclined towards using technology for anything and everything. They prefer instant online services to meet their daily needs instead of buying things from traditional stores. Also, due to their busy lifestyle where they rigorously try to balance work, home, and social life, the on-demand home services solutions are the ultimate solution to them. These services are easily accessible to them as per their time and convenience.
Enables competition among vendors
The on-demand home-services market comprises a large number of small vendors who come together on a single platform for providing diverse services to the customers. As a result, this market becomes highly competitive. To survive in such a cut-throat environment, every vendor struggles to provide unique and quality services at affordable prices to the customers. Also, providing the services on the same day is the new norm and many vendors are already following this to accelerate sales and surpass their competitors.
The on-demand solutions are designed to be highly customer-centric. As there are multiple vendors competing for a single service on the same platform, customers get the flexibility to choose any vendor as per their brand preferences, their budget, etc. They can remain assured that they will get the service within the promised timeframe. Also, they have the freedom to schedule appointments with any service provider as per their availability and convenience. After hiring the service, they can view the complete details as well as monitor and track the arrival of service representative on their smartphones in real-time. As a result, most consumers prefer using these services.
Luxuries are now the necessities
The priorities of new generation customers are different. They won’t spend their weekends cleaning their homes but instead hire cleaning services. They already outsource their laundry and many similar services. Also, the spending capacity of the customers has increased and they can afford luxurious items and services. So, there is a huge scope for different types of on-demand home services in the coming years.
In a nutshell, these solutions are surely a profitable investment. If you have made up your mind and decided to go for on-demand mobile app development, here are a few tips for a successful business.
Tips to beat the competition and become a good on-demand home services provider
- The highest focus of any top on-demand service providers must be customer satisfaction. So, it is necessary to provide top-quality services to the customers at affordable prices, so that more and more customers are attracted to your app.
- The ‘same day service’ norm is trending. It is important for you to provide the services on the same day if you want to excel in this business and maintain your Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
- The payment processing must be easier and should provide multiple options, understanding the needs of diverse customers.
- Also, it is important to keep in touch with customers on a regular basis through texts, emails, notifications, social media platforms, etc. for customer relationship management (CRM). Offering deals and discounts on products and services can also be a good means of staying in touch with the customers.
- It is necessary to work with authentic and experienced vendors. So ensure that they have a clean background and follow healthy practices while providing their services.
- Your app must have a good interface and simple design to ensure that it is user-friendly and offers easy navigation. A complicated app design will annoy the customers and in turn, force them to abandon the app.
- It is of utmost importance to identify the problems and challenges of customers and resolve their issues from time to time. So, pay special attention to their reviews and feedback.
- The other things that are to be considered are an easy registration process, the availability of an in-app chat option, data security for the vendors as well as customers, data, and analytics for measuring your progress, etc.
The on-demand home services apps are gradually becoming popular as they have offered customers the convenience, efficiency, and simplicity of availing the services at their doorsteps. Traditional business methods are becoming outdated at a fast pace as the on-demand economy provides immediate resolution to the customers. These apps have also been a profitable platform for several vendors. So, its high time businesses should hire an experienced on-demand app development company for crafting an impeccable on-demand app customized as per their business model.
Was this blog helpful? Share your thoughts in the comments section.