Our client needed an app that would continuously monitor the temperature of rooms, or ducts in a building, particularly in restaurants and cold storage warehouses.
Cold storage warehouses and restaurants must maintain a constant temperature range throughout, to prevent the spoilage of perishable items. But, such an outcome is difficult to achieve manually as it’s challenging to monitor the temperature continuously and is expensive too.
Biz4solutions helped the client to develop an IoT-powered app named Cold machine that continuously monitors the temperature of rooms in real-time. Whenever the temperature drops below or rises above the pre-defined temperature range, the concerned persons (managers/owners of restaurants or cold storage rooms) are notified instantly. Automatic alerts are sent to respective team members so that they can immediately take action and resolve the problem. Besides continuous monitoring of temperature, this solution helps users to conserve energy and measure air quality as well.
We understand your specific business challenges. Discuss with us to explore how we can help you in building a customized solution for monitoring indoor temperature and air quality.
Biz4Solutions tailored an innovative IoT-powered app for HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) of buildings. The app has been customized to serve many purposes. The sensors continuously measure the indoor temperature, humidity, etc. The solution detects changes in the temperature of rooms within a building, measures the indoor air quality, and promotes energy conservation.
Our team came across some developmental challenges as mentioned below:
- It was challenging to devise a mechanism that will constantly monitor the temperature and detect changes.
- We had to ensure that the battery consumption of the thermostat device was low.
- It was difficult to measure the environmental parameters of the indoor air.
Our proficient and experienced development team overcame all challenges to build the desired solution. We created a mobile application that connects with the IoT-based thermostat using Bluetooth connection and collects data every minute. The data gathered by the thermostat device is integrated with the cloud platform for enabling the feature of automatic temperature monitoring.
The Elastic search mechanism consumes unstructured data from various sources. It then stores the data and processes it as per a user-specified mapping principle. We integrated MQTT, one of the most battery-friendly communication protocols for IoT devices.
Coming to air quality measurement, the sensors make use of the scattering principle for evaluating the particles that are suspended in the indoor air. The raw data acquired by sensors are converted into useful measurements by algorithms. The data obtained is stored on the AWS Cloud server.
- Monitoring real-time temperature using IoT-based Thermostat device.
- Integration with MQTT messaging protocol to facilitate data exchange between the thermostat device and the Cloud.
- Elastic search mechanism for real-time data analysis.
- AWS cloud server for storing data.
- Graphical displays of reports on fuel/ power consumption.
- Real-time temperature monitoring and measurement of air quality.
- Minimizes maintenance and operational costs.
- Users get maximum benefits in exchange for minimal cost.
- Helps to reduce energy consumption.
- The integration of the MQTT messaging protocol ensures that messages are delivered even during times of low internet connectivity.
If you are interested to know more about our success stories in the IoT industry or looking for a similar kind of app solution, then hit the button below to share the scope and requirements of your project.Back to Home