What We Offer
Transportation and Logistics form the backbone of many industries. With a direct impact on the productivity of an enterprise, an efficient transportation system can increase the profitability of such businesses.
Access to real-time information is critical to the transportation systems and technology today is, therefore empowering this industry like never before. Intelligence like the
Internet of Things in transportation
can enable businesses to have actionable insights and improve their performance.
Freight and logistics industries are saddled with challenges like the unpredictability of fuel costs, traffic conditions, weather upheavals, regulatory changes, labor costs etc. Smarts solutions like the Supply Chain Management Systems, mobile app/based control, and
IoT in Transportation Industry
can connect all the components in an end-to-end integrated network that runs seamlessly across all the departments of an enterprise.
A result-oriented competitive edge
A well-integrated smart solution can help transportation and logistics in the following ways:
- Real-time management of orders and shipment – Tracking the shipment is now possible via automotive sensors in the fleet vehicles sending real-time data back to cloud-based or in-premises apps that can track and monitor the movement of goods on the ground. Orders can be created and tracked efficiently throughout their lifecycle with streamlined order management systems.
On-demand inventory management – IoT, also called
Machine to Machine technology in transportation
can create visibility into the warehouse stocks and map it to data analytics for studying the trends of demands over past, thereby making accurate predictions about the demands in future. Costs can be brought down with inventory management that ensures that the supply of goods is just enough to meet the projected demands.
- Real-time automated vehicle location tracking – Off- road vehicle sensors as well as those fitted inside the fleet can assist a business to maintain real-time tracking of the vehicle locations, both on road, or in various docks along the route. The accuracy of this data is very useful for appropriate insight and actions.
- Stay connected with your customers – With increased visibility, it is possible to stay connected with the customers and provide them up-to-date information about the status of their orders, thereby improving services and building strong customer relationships.
- Increase utilization of existing equipment and better manage drivers’ time – With features like IoT sensors & controls for automotive industry, an enterprise can get a handle on better usage of the existing equipment. Data can be collected and collated from the devices on ground and mapped in usage efficiency charts and dashboards that could help identify pockets of wasteful time for instance. Drivers’ time can be managed more effectively by finding gaps and replacing them with better alternatives. Managing the schedules, service routes, daily usage data, and making reports on these is relatively easier, leaving the decision makers to concentrate on innovating and improvising the utilisation of their resources.
- Absolute and total control – Every aspect of a logistics and transportation business can be controlled well with increased visibility via IoT and smart apps. A fault or an aberration can be detected at its inception and rectified at its source before it catapults to cause major damages. This type of total control can help find the pain points in the whole process flow and help a company to improvise in the areas that will bring maximum returns.
IoT in Transportation
makes use of IoT devices like scanners, controllers, beacons, RFID systems, along with a strong IoT platform that interconnects these devices to apps and websites that make up the company’s digital ecosystem. Such end-to-end functionality can ensure that businesses use the advantages of Big Data, cloud, mobile, and IoT for increasing their business intelligence and improving the efficiency of their operations on a global platform.