A US-based firm needed a transportation app for vehicle speed monitoring that will send real-time alerts to users, whenever the vehicle speed exceeded the standard limits in a given location.
Vehicle drivers, specifically young drivers and drivers working for transportation companies, are likely to drive faster on the go & tend to exceed the normal speed limits unknowingly. Such instances can lead to dangerous outcomes like fatal accidents or hefty fines for rash driving.
Biz4solutions helped the client to develop a top-class vehicle speed monitoring application called Rekon. This app will track the vehicle’s speed during driving and send alerts to the user whenever the vehicle speed exceeds the pre-set speed limits.
We understand your specific business challenges. Discuss with us to explore how we can help you in building a customized solution for monitoring vehicle speed limits.
Biz4Solutions tailored an innovative IoT-powered app for monitoring vehicle speed. The app is connected to an IoT device with an LCD display that is embedded inside the car. This device tracks the speed of the vehicle and displays it. It also tracks the vehicle’s location and displays the speed limit range for that location (different roads have different pre-defined speed limits). The app then compares the current vehicle speed to the pre-determined speed limit for that road on which the user is traveling and warns the users immediately in case of violations.
Our team came across some developmental challenges as mentioned below:
- It was challenging to connect a BLE device to the app for IoT pairing.
- Determining the road’s speed limit at a certain junction or crossing was a major challenge. The reason: multiple roads with different speed limits were intersecting at the same junction and it was difficult to locate the exact road on which the vehicle has been traveling after reaching a junction.
- It was difficult to continuously stabilize the connection within the BLE device.
Our proficient and experienced development team overcame all challenges to build the desired solution. The BLE device was successfully integrated and paired with the app. The app was made to communicate with the Google Road API to retrieve the user’s current location for identifying the pre-defined speed limit of that road.
Hence, the IoT device placed inside the car constantly calculates and updates the speed limit based on the user’s current location. Users are notified with a beep whenever they exceed the speed limit.
- Ability to configure speed threshold limit for the vehicle.
- Integration with Google Road API to get the speed limit at the exact location of the user.
- Receive alerts when the speed exceeds the preset limit.
- Multiple users can receive the speed limit alerts.
- View driving records in graphical format on a display.
- Ability to turn on/off the push notifications.
- A Buzzer/LED Flash sound on the app helps to notify the user that the driving speed of the car has exceeded the limit.
- The driving habits of users can be monitored daily/annually.
- The driving habits of users can also be monitored by a secondary user if that user is authorized to receive instant push notifications when the speed of the car exceeds the limit. So fleet managers/owners can track the driving patterns of their fleet members and identify which driver is violating speed limits.
- The driver’s Parents can “Track the car” in real-time on the map using the app.
- Users can set the threshold speed limit range by mentioning the minimum and maximum speed values. Once the maximum speed value is reached, the user will be warned with a buzzer sound on the app.
If you are interested to know more about our success stories in transportation/logistics industry or looking for a similar kind of app solution, then hit the button below to share the scope and requirements of your project.Back to Home