React was also voted the most popular web framework by developers in the Statista study, with 40.14 percent of the vote.
React is a good choice for single-page apps, but it might also be a good solution for large apps because it changes data without loading the page. Its MVC architecture, as well as advantages such as scalability and rapid app development make it excellent for JS developers. However, the expense of hosting the App is the issue here. As the app’s user base expands, we may need to scale accordingly, and the cost will rise! As a result, we can check which services offer free hosting.
Here are a few popular and free hosting options for your react app
GitHub Pages is a service provided by GitHub, the world’s most popular and advanced development platform.
The GitHub repository can be used to host your React app. To make your React App live, all you have to do now is make the required modifications and your app is ready to work.
Free HTTPS and Custom Domain are provided by GitHub Pages. With a few easy actions, you may customize the GitHub pages.
- Utility for React App: GitHub provides a variety of services to web, application, and software developers. The React app follows a simple protocol in which users download the app, establish a repository, and deploy their pages using a command-line interface.
- Cost: Using GitHub to create a website is completely free. Packages for certain programming languages and customization tools, on the other hand, may be more expensive.
- Open-Source Libraries: GitHub provides its customers with an open-source library that can aid in the development of their web pages or the addition of features that make them more valuable. GitHub’s popularity also makes it simple for people to find custom solutions on the internet.
Netlify is a tool for automating modern online projects that is all-in-one. It uses GitHub, Bitbucket, and Gitlab to deliver continuous deployment. In three simple steps, a React App can be deployed. It also includes a free HTTPS certificate. A custom domain can be added as well. Your React Apps can work blazingly quick to access with Netlify Edge.
Netlify offers serverless functions, Analytics, CLI, Forms, API, and more besides just deployment. Most of these functions are available for free, however, there are some restrictions.
- Large media: Netlify allows you to manage large files like a script, thanks to its extensive media support. Its free packages allow developers to do 2500 transforms per month.
- High Performance: If you want your React app to have high uptime and a quick response, you should host it on Netlify, it is not an easy task to perform. hire React developers that can solve the problem with ease
- Community Support: It makes no difference which plans you are on. You will receive prompt and expert community assistance. However, if you want customer assistance, you’ll have to go with one of the company’s Businesses or Pro packages.
- Analytics: Enterprises can also utilize Netlify to track the performance, traffic, and behavior of their apps. 250,000 monthly app users can be analyzed for free. A Business Plan can be used to keep track of metrics indefinitely.
Next.js is a modern react framework created by Vercel. Vercel allows you to deploy React Apps without any configuration. With its worldwide edge network, it will improve app performance.
To test the feature before deploying it, Vercel offers a preview link for Pull Request in Bitbucket, Github, and GitLab.
Vercel also offers certain starter templates for building and deploying new Apps. It includes features like continuous deployment, serverless functions, and HTTPS.
- Ease of Use: Users can use Vercel to host their code by choosing this hosting service, registering a user account, and providing simple instructions to the command-line interface. It configures and deploys the code automatically, allowing users immediate access to the deployed content.
- Cloud-Based Platform: Since it is cloud-based, it is extremely easy to access and change data while on the road. Users have more reliable access to data and applications using cloud-based platforms.
- Integration with GitHub: To improve the user experience, the generated websites can be linked to GitHub and other similar services.
- Cost-Effective: Vercel offers free plans to developers that intend to run a single static webpage. Even for larger projects, their blueprints are surprisingly affordable.
- Teams: Vercel also lets users work together as a team in groups to create the greatest possible version of a page.
- Customer Assistance: On their website, their functions are clearly outlined for novices; customer support is easy and it is 24/7 accessible.
Render is a cloud service provider that offers both static and dynamic site services. Three simple actions which are given below will help you host your React App; just make sure your project is saved to a GitHub repository before moving on to Render.
- On the dashboard, select New Static Site.
- If you are new to Render, you will need to connect your GitHub or GitLab account, or wherever your repository is kept. Once connected, you must give your web service a distinct name.
- If your application is bootstrapped with Create React App, Render will automatically recognize this and fill the configuration accordingly. After clicking Create Static Site, your project will be deployed.
Render offers free SSL, a global CDN, a custom domain, and auto-deployment via Git. It offers a free static site hosting plan as well as competitive pricing on other services.
- User-Friendly Interface: Render also has a user-friendly interface and automatically deploys React projects. Render and GitHub must be installed by the users. The source code will be downloaded into GitHub and then loaded into the render, where it can be deployed in minutes, just like Heroku.
- Ideal for Static Sites: Render is a popular choice for launching single-page or static websites, in addition to a number of other useful features.
- Cloud-Based: Render is a cloud-based platform that allows for security, backup, and quick deployment.
- Cost-Effective & Practical: Render has no hidden charges. It claims itself as being 80% less expensive than competing hosting services. Furthermore, any configuration and command can be accessed with a single click, making the entire process speedier than the other platforms. Many developers have switched to Render as a result of this feature.
- Privacy: Render also allows consumers the option of running their work on private networks, preventing any mistakes with secret data or bespoke products.
The world’s largest cloud service provider is Amazon Web Services. It offers nearly all cloud services, and some are exclusively available through AWS.
S3 is another AWS service. S3 Bucket is a storage service for static assets. S3 is most commonly used to save photos. Static site hosting is also available.
Only the React Build files need to be uploaded to the bucket. As soon as the upload is finished, the bucket URL can be used to access the app. CloudFront can also be set up to use a custom domain and HTTPS. On a new account, AWS offers a 12-month free credit period. That free credit can be used for S3 and other AWS services.
- Utility for React App: Users can log into Amazon Web Services and contribute their source code as a bucket. At the next stage, the users and the access level allowed to each of them can be determined. Following that, the code is set up and deployed. In comparison to Vercel, the total process is more complex.
- Ideal for Complex Products: AWS S3 was created to deploy pages that involve a lot of computational power, as opposed to the previous applications. It is, nevertheless, simple to use and releases scripts quickly.
- Customizability: AWS S3 offers a plethora of choices for tailoring the final result to the user’s specific requirements. Novices, on the other hand, may be overwhelmed by the sheer amount of alternatives available.
- Cost: AWS S3 has a variety of different plans, each with a different price depending on the number of users.
- Storage and security: AWS S3 offers to store all data in various places and make backups simple if necessary. Because of its high level of security, the service is often used for web pages and apps.
Surge is a platform for hosting static websites. The surge CLI can be used to deploy an app as it is another option for quickly deploying frontend projects. Besides, it takes far less configuration than other CLIs, is simple to deploy, and allows you to establish a Surge account directly from the console when you first use it.
Surge does not provide a Web Console for hosting Web Pages. Your React App can be hosted via the CLI. The surge CLI may be used to host it in a few steps. It comes with a free SSL certificate as well as the ability to customize your domain name. Surge hosting may necessitate CLI proficiency.
- Utility for React App: Users can install Surge, create folders with codes, add authentication, and deploy the project using a command-line interface. To get the end-user product, you do not have to install divulge into GitHub or any other related products. Surge also provides URL suggestions depending on the user’s project names.
- Simplicity: Surge’s basic command-line interface makes it one of the most accessible platforms for the cause.
- Speed: Surge may be the quickest platform for deploying React applications. As per the users’ observation, the entire process takes less than 5 minutes, which is faster than similar Amazon products.
- Cloud-Based: It is, like all of its competitors, a cloud-based platform. As a result, it offers its users secure, quick, and consistent services.
- Cost-Effective: Surge is cost-effective because it provides customers with free plans, making it excellent for newcomers and small organizations. It is also beneficial to users who develop websites as a hobby.
To run React apps successfully, it is essential to pick the correct hosting environment. A few have set charges, some have free levels, and a few have a pay-as-you-go model. Which React hosting plan is best for you depends largely on your project’s requirements or you can hire React native app development company to know which one is the best.